Pythagorean Theorem Proof 2
Given: Triangle with sides a and b and hypotenuse c and three squares containing a, b and c.
- What are the areas of the green square and the red square?
- Move slider p to the extreme right. What types of quadrilaterals were formed from the two squares?
- What can you say about the areas of squares in Question 1 and the areas of quadrilaterals in Question 2?
- Move slider q to the extreme right. What type of quadrilaterals were formed?
- What can you say about the quadrilaterals formed in Question 1 and the quadrilaterals in Question 4?
- Move slider r to the right. What do you observe?
- What can you say about the areas of the red square, green square, and the area of square containing c?
- In terms of a, b, and c, what equation can be formed relating the areas of the three squares?