Given below is a parallelogram with base b and height h. Move points A and B determine the shape and size of the parallelogram, and then move the red point to the extreme right and observe what happens.
- If the red point is on the extreme right of the segment, what shape is formed? Justify your answer.
- What is the area of the shape in Question 1?
- How is the area of the shape in Question 1 related to the area of the original figure?
- What is the area of the parallelogram in terms of b and h?
- What can you conclude about the area of the parallelogram in the original figure and the area of the shape in Question1?